Over the years, I’ve compiled the different types of mistakes people (and sometimes I myself) make while dressing for any occasion, and end up looking really fat. In order to stop you from making these mistakes, read these top 20 ways to look fat and STOP using them, if you are doing so right now.
So here goes:
1. Tuck in your top or shirt into your bottoms, especially if you have a big belly.
2. Wear tops or shirts with horizontal strips, or better – huge prints (think Hawaiin shirts!)
3. Always opt to wear tops or bottoms 2 sizes bigger, or 1 size smaller.
4. Never wear fitting undergarments.
5. Tight t-shirts can really rock your look, so go for it, no matter what size you’re in!
6. Make sure the waist band of your pants are right below your tummy, so that your tummy bulges out after a certain time.
7. If you have an unusually big belly, wear high waisted pants to highlight your trouble area.
8. Wear heavy fabrics like corduroy, suede, etc. Never opt for light fabrics like cotton, lycra, etc.
9. Top-heavy women should definitely try clingy fabrics on top, maybe frills in the neckline or shoulders of blouses.
10. Never use flared pants to balance your look. Instead, wear a flared petticoat to look huge in a saree.
11. Try huge hoop earrings, especially if you have a round face.
12. Wear skinny jeans with short tops to highlight your back.
13. Top-heavy men can also wear skinny jeans to highlight their thin legs.
14. Bottom-heavy women should try huge Patiala salwars – the more wider, the better!
15. You already bother with weather seasons, so why the heck bother with color seasons! Just go with the flow. Wear different colors – the more multi-colored you are, the more fabulous you’ll look!!
16. If you’re of average height or feel you’re not tall enough, wear sarees with huge borders to look even shorter.
17. Make sure you have a big hairdo, like the bouffant, or something like that, especially if you’re heavy.
18. Never wear shapers to smooth out the contours of your body.
19. Wear sequins or shiny fabrics to highlight your voluptuous curves.
20. To look great, stay away from dark colors like navy, black, brown, etc, especially if you’re heavy.
Just in case you might NOT have noticed, all the tips on different ways to look fat are things YOU SHOULD NOT DO while planning an outfit for yourself. These are huge mistakes. To look great, do the opposite of what has been mentioned above.
Love what you just read? Drop us a line in the Comments section below with your feedback – good or bad. If you have a question, or would like Ankitaa to blog about something in particular, try using the Contact Us page, or email here.