After a long summer, winter is finally here and we all are enjoying the chilly weather. Breakouts are a thing of the past now. Your skin is finally behaving and your hair is all bounce. But it won’t be long that your skin will feel too tight and your hair will cause static everytime you touch something or someone. To avoid such mishappenings, follow these quick tips —
- Wash your face at least twice a day. Remember to clean off your make-up every night before bedtime.
- Use an exfoliating scrub on your face and body at least twice a week. For your face, the scrub should be a gentle type. For your body, use a salt or sugar scrub which will be a little bit more tougher than the facial scrub.
- Go for facials every month and get your manicure-pedicure done every fortnight.
- Take a hot oil body massage every week to keep your skin pampered and free from stretch marks/cellulite. No time for salon body massages, then do it at home – heat up olive oil for 30 seconds in the microwave and apply it generously all over your body.. massage using circular motions, wait for half hour and then take a shower. Remember to moisturize your body after your shower.
- Take a hot oil head massage every week (or every other week for people with oily-hair) to keep your hair healthy, smooth and shiny. A good head massage at your local salon is a must do because it not only helps your hair but also helps your mental health by reducing your stress. Try it. At home scalp massages are not really satisfying but if need be, then again, heat up coconut/olive/almond oil for 30 seconds in the microwave and apply it all over your hair. If you have oily hair, then do not apply it in your scalp directly. If you have normal, dry or combination hair, apply it directly on your scalp. Now massage for at least 15 minutes. Wash with your regular shampoo and then use your hair conditioner. Then towel dry.
There are many other ways to keep your hair and skin looking gorgeous all year round. The key to having good hair and skin at any given time is all about the right amount of hydration and exfoliation. At Anks Image, we pride ourselves in helping our clients achieve this balance and looking their very best all the time.
Love what you just read? Drop us a line in the Comments section below with your feedback – good or bad. If you have a question, or would like Ankitaa to blog about something in particular, try using the “Contact Us” page, or email here.